Compare Whatsapp and viber
As you see from the title, we would like to distinguish between two of the most popular smartphone applications – Whatsapp and Viber. The choice is hard, indeed, and there is no reason not to use both, but we would like to find out which one is better, even if it is just for the sport. Here we won’t talk about disadvantages, as the two applications seem to have no negative sides. The comparison is more for the different options and functions that each application provides and the way it provides them. Let’s see what they got.
VIber and Whatsapp are both apps designed to allow free communication between you and other people with smartphones. They don’t require manual addition of contacts – the applications automatically derive them from your contacts list as soon as you enter your phone number. In other words, Viber and Whatsapp check the numbers in your contacts list and if they find that some of them have already registered with their phone numbers, add them to your in-app contact list.
- Whatsapp is a messaging app, it does not support calls. The messaging is completely free and you will be charged nothing for the texts you send.
- It is simple and plain. You install it and enter your phone number, then you start using it. No verifications, no anything.
- Just like Viber, Whatsapp takes all the people from your contacts list, who already use the service and adds them to your in-app contacts list. You don’t have to do anything manually.
- Again similar to Viber, Whatsapp does not show ads and the developers are determined to never show. So you are sure to enjoy an ad free texting experience. The application has a free trial period, but after that you will have to pay if you want to continue using it.
- Whatsapp is available for iOS, Android, BlackBerry OS, Nokia and Windows Phone.
- All basic features of Viber are 100% free. The developers promise no “bill shocks” while using the app. So, if you have Wi-Fi or 3G connection, you can call your friends and text them without having to pay, as long as they use Viber, too.
- Viber is simple and easy to use. You don’t have to create a new account with username, password, verification of the email or something like that. You can start texting, calling and sharing right away, just after entering a verification code that will prove you are the owner of the smartphone. You will receive the code via SMS or phone call after you enter your phone number.
- Viber, as we already mentioned, does not require manual addition of contacts, like, for example, Skype or Fring. The app uses the phone numbers in your contacts list and the names they are saved with there.
- The HD sound of the calls will guarantee you high in-call experience, even higher than what you get from a call through the GSM network of your carrier. Viber shows no ads and the plans of the developers are not to advertise anything – otherwise it will probably be a bit frustrating.
- Unlike the mobile version of Skype, Viber doesn’t require memory to run and it doesn’t drain your smartphone’s battery, so it can remain switched on and functioning for quite a long time.
- Future development – those people behind the app promise that they will constantly update Viber and add more and more features to it.
- Viber is available for iOS, Android, Widnows Phone, BlackBerry OS, Nokia and Bada.
Back to top