impacts & benefits of social media
With 80% of teen Internet users frequenting social media sites, it’s no wonder our real world social lives are seeing some changes. Though some parents worry about a future of poor grammar and verbal textspeak, most signs point to a more promising reality. Social media use requires some unique adaptations, but it also provides us with a whole new way to communicate.
5 Must-know impacts of Social Media
- The wrong online brand strategy could put you at a viral social disadvantage and may even damage your reputation, i.e, when you make a mistake offline, a few will know but when you make a mistake in front of hundreds or thousands of you online audience, most of them will know!
- Using social media for marketing and advertising could be more time consuming than companies expect.
- In order to get social media’s full effect, you need to understand how it works, when and how to use it and which channels to focus on depending on your end goal of using social media.
- Social media can have a negative influence on worker productivity. Employees may waste valuable time using social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter. They can also use social media to attack the company’s reputation!
- When social media is used excessively or in the wrong way, it could have serious detrimental outcomes on both mental and even physical health of individuals.
5 Must-know benefits of Social Media
- When using social media for marketing products, social media could be easily utilized to create cost effective strategies and campaigns that can create viral results.
- Social media has the power to drive traffic to your website, blog, articles, etc.
- Social media is able to bring people together, especially when promoting global products or cause-related campaigns and ideas since it allows people from the different geographical location to meet at a single point and express their views.
- Social media could be the spark you are looking for to attract attention to your site, product or service. It could also be used to further build loyalty and long-term relations with your audience.
- Social media marketing could always be a fun and creative method of doing business.
impacts & benefits of Instant messaging
- Saying one thing and meaning another when you can be misunderstood
- Distractive- like when you are trying to get work done and chat to friend instead
- Can be addictive and when you are with others rather than focusing on what they are saying you could be IMS on the phone or ITouch for example you can’t see or hear the person voice, no emotional contact.
- As it is immediate, you have no time to reflect on the message you are sending, unlike an email where you can review the draft before sending.
- You don’t have to wait for a response like email text – the person you are communicating with is normally connected to the site
- It’s free you don’t have to pay for it
- You can monitor who talk to means you an make sure that only friends you except
- You can control what information you wish to share with people